GIS (geographic information systems) is an invaluable tool for your land protection and stewardship efforts. This fast-moving webinar focuses on how land trusts can best make smart choices about GIS and will cover desktop GIS options and trends, best practices for GIS data and project management and major choices for using the web to do mapping and map applications. Instructors from GreenInfo Network and Esri will address strategies for a wide range of land trust budget levels. In addition to reviewing Esri, Google, Mapbox and other interactive mapping options, instructors will cover:
– Choosing and implementing the right Esri ArcGIS software, and open source GIS options;
– Understanding the five elements of a successful and durable GIS system;
– Using Story Maps to communicate with GIS;
– Reviewing Esri, Google, Mapbox and other interactive mapping options; and
– Identifying he best field collection data tools.
Cost: $65, or purchase an all-access pass for this year’s Land Trust Alliance 30-webinar series for $485.
More information and a link to register are here.