This event will explore ways in which we can harness the increasing recognition of the value of parks and protected areas for human health and well-being, social cohesion and recovery, economic benefits as well as achieving conservation outcomes. From policy to practice, it will explore ways that parks can reach whole communities by ensuring access for all.
• Explore the future policy agenda for parks and protected areas and how successful programs and practices are adapting to new realities on the ground.
• Discuss the social and economic impacts of the pandemic and the nature-based solutions that are possible
• Make the case for increased funding by presenting how parks and protected areas can assist social and economic recovery and public health
The event will be moderated by Karen Keenleyside , Vice Chair for People and Parks of the IUCN WCPA and Co-Chair of the IUCN #NatureForAll initiative.
Speakers will include:
- Clare Shine , Vice President and Chief Program Officer, Salzburg Global Seminar
- Guillermo Penalosa, Ambassador, World Urban Parks, Founder of 880 Cities
- Shauna Jones , Senior Manager, Health & Community Activation, Parks Victoria
- Mark Camley , Executive Director of Park and Venues, London Legacy Development Corporation and Executive Director Chair
- Carol Ritchie , Director EUROPARC Federation
- Mariana Napolitano Ferreira , Co-Chair on the IUCN WCPA Task Force on COVID-19 and Protected Areas
This webinar is part of IUCN WCPA Vital Sites: The Journey to Marseille Webinar Series https://iucngreenlist.org/news-events/vital-sites-the-journey-to-marseille/