Wildlands and Woodland Regional Conservation Partnership Network Gathering
This year’s theme, Resilient Regions and Communities, addresses the climate crisis and is designed to scale up our most impactful strategies and tactics to help the communities in our part of the world work toward a healthy, equitable, and resilient future.
Join your colleagues, fellow conservation practitioners, and new friends in a suite of workshops in the weeks preceding and culminating with the RCP Network Gathering on November 19, 2020. Come together to learn, share, and be inspired!
For 2020, the RCP Network Gathering Program has been redesigned to more fully advance the practice of collaborative landscape conservation in the service of our collective vision for the future, as reflected in the regional Wildlands and Woodlands, Farmlands and Communities Vision and the global United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
This year’s RCP Network Gathering Program will begin with weekly sets of online workshops starting October 19 and ending November 13 and be followed by the virtual Gathering on November 19. Each week’s workshops will follow a thematic track, designed to build awareness of challenges and solutions and lead to consensus on scalable actions that could be advanced in the next two to three years. The workshops will cover topics such as:
- Developing More Productive RCPs
- Enhancing the Role of Wildlands and Woodlands in Climate Resilience
- Sustaining Farming and Forestry from Rural to Urban Communities
- Adapting Communities and Habitat to Climate Change Impacts
- Using Natural Climate Solutions to Reduce Climate Change.
- Most Promising Conservation Finance Mechanisms for RCPs 2020-2030
- Coordinating Smart Growth, Regional Planning, and Landscape Conservation to Combat Climate Change
- Engaging More Landowners and Communities