October 17-18, 2017
How business can tackle deforestation
Innovation Forum and the Tropical Forest Alliance 2020 are working together in this business oriented forum to bring a large and diverse group of stakeholders – private sector, government representatives, key NGOs and the investment community – to discuss the challenges faced in removing deforestation from corporate supply chains and how to overcome them.
There will be focused debates and practical working sessions on:
- Current performance of brands vs ambitious targets: How are companies performing against 2020 objectives?
- Peatland preservation and restoration: What do solutions to current problems look like and are they realistic?
- Jurisdictional approaches: A more inclusive and comprehensive solution to deforestation?
- Smallholder farmers: What actions can – and should – corporations take to scale up smallholder engagement?
- Deforestation-free finance: Are banks finally catching up?
More information is available here.